2018 Year End Appeal – How your gift can make a difference!
Admissions and memberships cover just 9% of Susquehanna Art Museum’s annual costs. SAM relies on the community’s generosity to provide 54% of our operating budget. Your gift will:
- Provide hands-on opportunities for kids and adults to explore techniques, concepts, artists, and ideas;
- Keep the VanGo! Museum on Wheels on the road delivering fun art education programs to schools;
- Bring thought-provoking exhibitions to Harrisburg.
Donate via Credit Card or PayPal:
Are you over 70 1/2? Have an IRA?
If you answered “Yes” to both questions, you can make a Qualified Charitable Donation (QCD) directly from your IRA to the Susquehanna Art Museum! A QCD can help you reach your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) without having to pay income taxes on the amount of your donation. The museum receives money for its programs, you sve on your taxes. Everybody wins!
The gift must be made from an Individual Retirement Account (IRA). No other retirement plans (such as 401k, 403b, or SEP accounts) qualify.
- Your gift must come to the Susquehanna Art Museum outright. It cannot be used to establish a life-income arrangement or support a donor-advised fund. The museum’s tax identification number is 24-1601081.
- Total annual QCDs from all IRAs cannot exceed $100,000 for an individual. Spouses can each make up to $100,000 of QCDs.
- Although the distribution will be free from income tax, it will not generate an income tax charitable deduction.
- This giving option may be of particular benefit for those who do not itemize deductions.
Speak with your financial advisor to see if a QCD for SAM at The Marty is right for you!