Vessels, juried exhibition, May 2017Go Back
On view in the Lobby Gallery Friday May 12 – Sunday August 6, 2017
The Vessels call for entries challenged artists to consider the functions and possibilities of a vessel, both visually and conceptually. The submissions were not limited by medium, but open to a wide interpretation of what a vessel can be. A Hollow Container? A Ship or Boat? A Duct or Canal?
The exploration by this group of artists has resulted in a diverse selection of work in a variety of media. As you survey the selected works, consider how their interpretation of the theme enhances and expands your idea of what a simple vessel can be.
Lauren Skelly Bailey
Erin De Rosa
Mary Olin Geiger
Ken Jones Jr.
Megan Lea Mattax
View and download a PDF of the Gallery Guide here.
– Juror’s Choice- Best in Show, $400 prize
– Viewer’s Choice Award, $250 prize.
Visitors to the exhibition can vote for the Viewer’s Choice Award through Thursday, August 3! Prizes will be announced Friday, August 4.
- – Sun Young Kang
- As a book and installation artist, Sun Young Kang uses paper with its duality of strength and delicacy to create physical and conceptual space. Kang received her MFA in Book Arts/Printmaking from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, PA in 2007, and BFA in Korean Painting from Ewha Woman’s University in Seoul, Korea. She has presented her work both nationally and internationally and her work can be found in numerous museum and library special collections throughout the country.
- – Regis Brodie
- Regis Brodie is Emeritus Professor of Art at Skidmore College. He received his B.S. and Masters in Art Education from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and his M.F.A. from the Tyler School of Art of Temple University. He taught at Skidmore College for 41 years and is now retired. Regis’ CV Includes a presence in the permanent collections in more than 40 national and international museums, universities, corporate and private collections.
– Friday May 19, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Third in the Burg- Free admission! RSVP here
– Friday June 16, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Third in the Burg- Free admission! RSVP here
– Friday July 16, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Third in the Burg- Free admission! RSVP here