PICASSO: A Life in Print, June 2019Go Back
PICASSO: A Life in Print
45 Years of Collecting from the John Szoke Gallery
On view in the Main Gallery June 8 – September 22, 2019
PICASSO: A Life in Print features work from the collection of the John Szoke Gallery, NYC. This survey of prints spans the artist’s prolific career, with work from 1904 – 1970. Though Picasso never received formal training in printmaking, he found it to be a ready format in which to develop his rapidly developing ideas. A Life in Print includes pieces from the historic Suite des Saltimbanques, Picasso’s first major body of work in printmaking; Suite Vollard, a group of one hundred prints commissioned by famed art dealer Ambroise Vollard; and the Caisse à Remords, prized by collectors because they represent an intimate view of the artist’s personal vision.
Established in 1974, John Szoke Gallery specializes in works on paper with a focus on prints by Pablo Picasso and Edvard Munch. For over 40 years, the gallery has worked with dealers, collectors and museums worldwide to build collections of rare quality prints and drawings.
This exhibition is made possible by the generous sponsorship of:
Anne & Philip Glatfelter III Family Foundation
Jack and Carol Scott
Media Sponsor WITF
– Friday June 7, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Member’s Preview Opening. Event here.
– Friday June 21, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Third in the Burg- Free admission! Event here.
– Friday July 19, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Third in the Burg- Free admission! Event here.
– Thursday August 1, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Meet & Greet collector John Szoke. Event here.
– Friday August 16, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Third in the Burg- Free admission!
– Friday September 20, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Third in the Burg- Free admission!