Towards A New / Old Architecture, Sep 2015Go Back
Towards A New / Old Architecture
On view in the main gallery September 13, 2015 – January 17, 2016
Towards A New / Old Architecture is an exhibition exploring the concept of using modern architecture as the language for additions to and renovations of the rich building stock in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The exhibition will feature exemplary projects from around the state that employ a contemporary addition as the counterpoint to a beautiful historic building.
SAM is partnering with the American Institute of Architects Pennsylvania, Central Pennsylvania, and Chris Dawson Architect on this groundbreaking architectural exhibition.
Architectural Firms included:
- Bohlin Cywinski Jackson– Wilkes-Barre, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Philadelphia, PA; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA
- Chris Dawson Architect– Harrisburg, PA
- EwingCole– Philadelphia, PA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY
- FISHER ARCHitecture– Pittsburgh, PA
- Gluckman Tang– New York, NY
- Koning Eizenberg Architecture– Santa Monica, CA
- LTL Architects– New York, NY
- Murphy& Dittenhafer Architects– York, PA; Baltimore, MD
- Spillman Farmer Architects– Bethlehem, PA
- Wallace Roberts and Todd– Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; Miami, FL
– The Life, Work and Landmarks of Harrisburg Architect Clayton Lappley, architectural rendering exhibition. Opening reception to be held on Gallery Walk Sunday, September 13, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm.
– Lecture: Ten Architects who changed the face of Harrisburg, presented by historian Ken Frew, September 28, 6:00 pm.
– Tour: Landmarks f the Capitol Complex, Historic Harrisburg Walking Tour with guide David Morrison, October 24, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
– Structures II, fall membership exhibition, September 11 – October 15. Opening reception to be held on Gallery Walk Sunday, September 13, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm.
– Architectural Visions, invitational group exhibition, October 23 – November 25. Opening reception to be held Friday, October 23, 5:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Dauphin County Commissioners
- American Institute of Architects, Central PA Chapter
- McCormick Foundation
- Rob Kinsley
- Sondra Osler
- Lenore Caldwell
- Clyde McGeary
- Janetta Brenner